Geographic Information Systems and Location Based Services
Better GIS and LBS results start with cleaner, more accurate address data
A geographic information system (GIS) integrates hardware, software, and data for capturing, managing, analyzing, and displaying all forms of geographically referenced information. Location based services (LBS) allow organizations to offer products and services based on the address in which a person is interested. GIS allows us to view, understand, question, interpret, and visualize data in many ways that are not evident from reports or simple graphs. LBS enable new ways to meet the demands of prospects and customers that benefit everyone.
GIS and LBS applications are only as good as the underlying data. Having incomplete or incorrect addresses can lead to hours of work, incomplete analysis, and inaccurate results.
- Can dramatically reduced the amount of time needed to prepare data and thereby reduce the cost of the effort.
- Increases the number of valid addresses providing more points available for geocoding
- Reduces the probability that incorrect or incomplete analysis is performed using the GIS.
- Provides LBS with more accurate geographical information and reduces the need for extensive data preparation, parsing, and cleaning.
- Captures, verifies, and geocodes addresses in either real-time or batch.
To see how The Loqate Engine can reduce your data preparation time and effort and can provide better, faster results, take 5 minutes and watch the following video: