The World’s Most Complete Global Geocoding Engine
Geocode enables a latitude-longitude coordinate to be added to any address or other geographic point anywhere in the world. Geocoding is a location intelligence process for translating a location map based on other geographic data, such as street addresses, or postal codes to specific coordinates on the earth’s surface. A geocode is a pair of coordinates for the latitude and longitude of a location. With geographic coordinates, the location can be mapped and entered into Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Location Based Services (LBS) or the coordinates can be embedded into media such as digital photographs via geotagging. Geocoding also opens new possibilities for better analytics applications and decision making.
- Adds a latitude/longitude coordinate to worldwide postal addresses and geographic data
- Provides input to new location based services (LBS) applications
- Enables locations to be displayed on a map or passed to GIS or routing applications
- Has market leading breadth and depth of coverage to add a geocode to delivery point/rooftop level in over 100 major countries of the world
- Adds a geocode to city centroid position for over 240 countries
List of supported countries – summary view
List of supported countries – detailed view
Why use Geocode?
- Enable geography-based applications that are not connected to maps – sales territory planning, event marketing, social networks, activity tracking for police, intelligence, and health
- Find clusters of customers or prospects – better marketing planning
- Find customers more accurately than using only zip code or postal code – better direct marketing
- Create new applications in intelligence, crime detection, fraud detection, and other areas.