All address validation tools use official postal authority data, and other relevant datasets such as mapping and geospatial data.
Address capture checks addresses for accuracy against global address databases, such as the UK’s Royal Mail, USPS, Canada Post, Australia Post, TomTom and a host of other best-in-class official providers. These databases are updated on a regular basis, in some cases daily, to ensure the information is complete and accurate. The best address verification systems aggregate multiple reference data sources into a consistent and reliable single-best-record, resulting in the most complete and accurate addresses.
Besides standard address data files such as the Royal Mail PAF, you can enrich the data in your address lookup tool with multiple more comprehensive datasets:
- Loqate Geo+ provides a more detailed view of UK addresses, including geocodes, UPRN and UDPRN
- UK Address File gives you the potential to reach customers at 33 million active UK addresses; approximately 3 million more than the Royal Mail PAF
- AddressBase is the most comprehensive property location data in Great Britain
- Eircodes were introduced in 2015 to make reaching Irish customers easier by issuing each home with a unique code
- Multiple Residence includes thousands of premises where multiple households share a letterbox, such as university halls of residence, apartment blocks and self-contained flats
- Property Intelligence gives a complete picture of the property and surrounding location
- Business Data includes the number of employees, D-U-N-S number, Key contacts, SIC code, Company turnover and more
- Not Yet Built identifies properties that are in the process of being planned or constructed
- Utilities Register contains gas and electricity meter numbers for properties across the UK