Before you start, make sure you have an Loqate account. If you don’t already have one, you will need to sign up here.
Prepare Your File For Uploading
Before you upload your file, check the following.
- Make sure the file is UTF-8 encoded.
- The file should have a .csv or .txt extension.
- The first line should contain headers describing the field for each column, for example Address1, Address2, Country etc.
- The format must be comma or tab delimited.
If you are unsure, you can use our base template for an idea of what the file should look like.
Upload the File
Head to https://account.loqate.com/account#/DataCare. Click "browse" to find the input file on your PC and click "Upload All" to begin the upload.
Once the file is uploaded, simply click the file from the file list and you will be taken to the next screen.
There are several options available to you once your file has uploaded.
- Enabling geocode will provide Latitude and Longitude values, as well as an accuracy code. More information about geocoding can be found here. It's important to note that this data will incur an additional cost.
- Select the correct delimiter for your file.
- For more granular control, you can provide certain options such as OutputScript (transliteration) or DefaultCountry (fallback for input records where Country is blank). More information on these settings can be found here. Note these are optional and recommended for advanced users only.
This section will allow you to map your own input fields to the correct Loqate field if needed. For example, if you have a file with headers such as Line1, Line2, City, County, and State, you can upload it as is and use the controls here to map your field names to ours. In this case, you would map Line1 to Address1, City to Locality, County to SubAdministrativeArea, State to AdministrativeArea and so on.
Once you've clicked next, you'll see a small sample of what the output will look like. Look it over and click "submit" to start the batch job when you're happy with what you see.
The output file will show up in your file list once verification is complete. Clicking the input file again will enable you to check the status of the job, or simply refresh the page until the output file appears.
Downloading the file will cause the appropriate amount of credit to be deducted directly from your account.
Pricing is shown in the Data Care page. You will only be charged for records where the AVC is not Reverted or Unverified. For example, a record with an AVC of V42-I44-P6-078 will be counted but a record with an AVC of U00-I23-P2-100 would not be counted.