Before you start, make sure you have an Loqate account. If you don’t already have one, you will need to sign up.
Install the extension into your Magento store
- Head to your Magento Admin Panel then to System > Magento Connect > Magento Connect Manager.
- You will see a listing of all the extensions currently installed in your Magento store – if you have any extensions from Loqate already, uninstall these, and clear the Magento cache (Magento Admin Panel > System > Cache Management > Flush Magento Cache) before proceeding.
- Paste your Extension Key into Magento Connect Manager, and click Install, then Proceed, or browse for the downloaded package file and click Upload.
- The console at the bottom of the page will report when the module has been installed and the cache has been cleared.
To set up your details:
- Return to the Admin Panel, and head to System > Configuration > Loqate Settings. Note: if you get a 404 error you may need to log out of the Admin Panel and log back in again.
- In the settings page, enter the email and password combination you used when signing up for the Loqate service. The Account Code and Auth Token fields can be ignored, as they will be automatically filled in.
- Click Login and wait for the service to be initialized
Configure the service
Once you have logged into the Loqate service in Magento, it is ready to use. The extension includes all the default mappings, so on any page with an address form, the Loqate functionality will be available.
Using the service
Test the service by navigating to your checkout page, and trying the first few characters of an address. You will see Loqate provide options to select from, to auto fill your address fields.