- Who should use this guide?
- Adding address, phone and email validation to your site
- Mapping your fields
- Reactivating setup
- Basic settings
- Advanced customisation
Who should use this guide?
If you already have a form on your website and wish to add email validation this guide will get you up and running as quickly as possible. We have made integrating our services as simple as possible, with the majority of the process guiding you through step by step. You are not expected to have any technical expertise, but a basic understanding of HTML would be an advantage.
For a more advanced, customised installation, please see our API page:
Adding the Loqate Tag to your site
- To get started, log into your Loqate account, select “Add service” from the top of the page then click the “Start setup” button under Address, Email and Phone Number Verification.
- If you are integrating with Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics or Magento 2 select the App option and choose the relevant application - your installation will be a little different, so on the next step, you will be taken to the associated app page where you can follow instructions for installation. For everything else, select "Website" and enter the URL of the site you're putting the service into. Click "Next" to continue.
Once you have finished editing the page, save and upload the new file to your servers and click the "Launch in-page setup" button on the setup screen.
- The setup process will now open your site using the URL provided earlier. The Tag setup will map the fields automatically.
Mapping your fields
Make sure you have read our terms and click Configure.
When your site loads, you should browse to the page containing your form. Any address, email and phone fields will automatically be detected and mapped to our services. If you only want to install our email validation, delete all the other fields, and only leave the email field on here. If everything works as you expect it to, you can press the "save" button at the bottom of the setup window on the right-hand side.
Your email validation setup is now complete. All that is left to do is give your installation a name so you can reference it in the future. Pick a name that makes clear to anyone else where email validation is used, e.g. Website Registration Form Email Validation. Then, if there are any more places you would like to install a service you can click the "Add another" drop-down menu and select a service.
Remember: if at any point you get stuck or have questions regarding our products or setup process, please contact our support team or chat with us live from the setup screen.
For added security, we advise you to look at the service settings on your account. You can find out the benefits of doing so in the Settings section of this guide.
If at any point you need to change the way a service is set up on a form, you can reactivate the setup process with the following steps.
- Log into your account, then click on the relevant email validation installation.
- You should now be presented with the setup options for your installation. Select the "Setup" tab.
- Click on "Activate" to start the setup process again. You will be taken back through the setup process for mapping your fields.
Within your Loqate account, you can change your service settings and take further control over your usage. These settings break down into three main categories: Basic Settings, Security, and Control. The next sections of this guide will focus on each of the categories and walk you through how to make the most of the choices available to you.
NOTE: If you make any changes, you will need to click the “Save” button for those changes to take effect.
Basic settings / Configuration
The basic settings tab (labeled just as "Configuration") gives you the below options to adjust accordingly.
- Name - This allows you to customise the name of the key selected. This is primarily to help you identify your own keys more easily. This can be particularly useful if you are using more than one key under one account.
- Status - This toggle allows you to set the key status to active/inactive
The "limits" tab helps you maintain control over who can use your keys, which of your websites the service requests should be made from, and place limits on the number of requests made by individual IP addresses. We strongly recommend that you complete these settings.
The settings can be used as follows:
- Daily lookup limit - The maximum spend level allowed on this installation per day. Set this to a sensible level that you do not want to go over and that won't affect expected daily usage.
- Lookup limit per user - To help prevent fraudulent or accidental use of one of your keys across domains, simply add the URLs that you expect the email validation requests to be coming from. However, you will also need to specify any subdomains and combinations of URLs that might be used. i.e. http://www.mysite.co.uk, http://www.mysite.com, http://mysite.co.uk, etc.
- Limiter Exclusions - IP addresses in this list won't be affected by the above "Lookup limit per user" rule
- Limit by URL - To help prevent fraudulent or accidental use of one of your keys across domains, simply add the URLs that you expect the email validation requests to be coming from. However, you will also need to specify any subdomains and combinations of URLs that might be used. i.e. http://www.mysite.co.uk, http://www.mysite.com, http://mysite.co.uk, etc.
- Limit by IP - Similar to the “Daily Limit” under basic Settings, The IP Limiter allows you to place request limits against a group of IP addresses. This should help manage your cash flow and cap individual usage. To make use of the setting select “Yes”. Enter the IP address you wish to limit in the “Limiter Exclusions” box and then click “Add”. You can add as many IP addresses as you like. Next set the limit as the maximum number of daily requests you wish the group of IPs to be able to make. Any valid IPs not included within the limited group will not be affected by the request limits.
If you would like to perform an action based on the response from the email validation service you can use our data event listener as follows:
For further information or help with any questions you may have about address validation, contact our dedicated support team who will be more than happy to help.