How address forwarding and gone away suppression can help improve customer communication
Ensuring your database keeps up with consumers’ changing circumstances is difficult. Gone away suppression files can help you identify individuals who have moved, died or don't want to be contacted.
We use a combination of multiple datasets to provide indication that an individual is no longer at a property. You can use one, all, or a combination of files to obtain the best match rate and maintain your data. Which you use depends on the purpose of the suppression.
Approximately 11% of people move home each year (source: Office for National Statistics). Even your best and most loyal customers may forget to tell you they have moved.
Being able to trace an individual to a new address, or better still identify when they are about to move will:
- Cost less than acquiring a new customer
- Maximise sales opportunities
- Improve your relationship with your customer
- Re-engage with lost or lapsed customers
- Ensure you meet article 5 of the Data Protection Act 2018 “Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date”.
We use a combination of datasets to ensure that your contact data is usable.