This guide is to help you install and configure the latest Loqate solution for Dynamics 365.
First things first, import the Loqate solution into your Dynamics 365 Org. In order to do this, complete the following steps:
- Download the Loqate solution.
- Go to Settings > Solutions > Import and select the Dynamics365-master.zip file.
- Click Next, and Publish All Customizations.
- Create a new instance of the entity you wish to enable Address Verification Capture in (e.g. for the Account entity, select Sales > Accounts > New).
- Click Form > Form Properties.
- Go to Settings > Customizations > Customize the System
- Expand the ‘entities’ section, find the Entity you wish to add the address search functionality to and select Forms on the appropriate entity:
- Select the appropriate form layout and select Form Properties:
Both of these approaches will take you to the form properties screen:
- On the Events tab, under Form Libraries, click Add.
Finally, in order to complete the set-up process, we have to add an event handler to the form's OnLoad event. To do this compete the following steps:
- On the Events tab under Event Handlers, set Control to Form and Event to OnLoad, then click Add.
- On the Details tab, set Library to loqate_Entity and Function to load.
- Ensure 'Pass execution context as first parameter' is selected
- Under Parameters, enter your license key in the following format (including the double quotes): "AA11-AA11-AA11-AA11".
- A second and third parameter must be passed telling the library how many address forms are on the entity in question. If there is one address form on the page, the first parameter must be set to 'true'. If there are two forms then both must be set to true. For example: "AA11-AA11-AA11-AA11", true, true
- A fourth optional parameter can be added to set advanced options. It can be used to order and filter the countries that appear in the list, as well as the default selection by providing ISO 3-char country codes. This parameter takes the following format:
- To finish, click OK > OK > Save > Publish.
Now that you have completed the set-up process all that is left to do is to test the newly set up Address Verification control. In order to do this you must:
- Create a new instance of the entity.
- Start searching for any address element in any of the address fields.
- Check that the Capture control registers every keystroke and presents you with an updating list.
- Selecting an address from this list should populate the data back into the form.
The solution is now fully installed and ready to use within your Dynamics 365 entity. Remember, if you have any problems we're here to help.